Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Training: Jan 19, 2011

It's been a while since my last update on this particular blog and you may have been following the Because We Can (BWC) blog in the meantime. BWC is focusing a bit more on the team's experience as we prepare for our trip across Canada. THIS blog will be focusing more on me and my personal experience.

In an effort to prepare myself the best I can, I have been in touch with others who have cycled across Canada. My biggest question at this point is about training and nutrition. I've found that most of the people I've spoken with didn't put much effort into specific training and they definitely didn't journal it which would have been a great help to me at this point.

So, thinking of others who may want to bike across our country in the future and so that anyone who may be interested can follow my progress, I will be posting my progress as I go!

So here we go.

We decided to do this bike ride last spring. You can read a bit more about that time period in older posts. Basically from then until now, I've been trying to bike whenever and wherever I can. The furthest I've biked to date is 44km.

My training coach, Chris Gray, wants me biking at least half an hour and doing one hour of cardio each day journaling everything...that's what you'll be reading here.

Without further ado, here are my starting measurements, goals, achievements, and thoughts.

Jan 19, 2011


Coaches Challenge:
Do one hour of cardio and 30 minutes of cycling per day.


Measurements:
Weight: 138 lbs
Bust: 32 1/8
Chest: 27
Waist: 27 3/4
Hips: 42
Thigh: 27 7/8
Calf: 14 5/8

Today's goals:
Do a minimum of 60 minutes (if I can, 80 minutes) on the elliptical. I want to pace myself to see how I do since I haven't tried this before.

Achievements:
I recorded my times after 60 minutes and then again at the end. Here are the numbers at one hour:
Setting: Cross-training
Time: 60 minutes
Distance: 4.67
Calories: 458.1
Strides: 6048
Heart rate: 156

Once I passed 60 minutes I decided to push myself as hard as I could for the remaining 20 minutes. I had to stop after 5 minutes because my right knee injury began to flare up :(
Time: 65 minutes
Distance: 5.11
Calories: 502.6
Strides: 6650
Heart rate: 158

Thoughts:
I feel good. I started watching the amount of time that was left around 30 minutes. Once I reached 60 minutes I decided to keep going to reach 80 and also started to push myself harder. Five minutes in I felt pain in my knee and decided I should stop before making the knee injury flare up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment