Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Twelve Days!?

I can't believe it's been twelve days since my last training post! Talk about slacking!! I'm glad to report that I have been working out even though I haven't been blogging about it. Okay- so maybe I haven't worked out every day but I am trying to keep at it. I'm not going to lie, it's super difficult to keep motivated at it while I'm stuck here in cold Canada while Carolyn (BWC's blogger) is in Jerusalem and Julia (BWC cyclist) is in Bolivia! To be perfectly honest, I was on Trip Advisor today looking up flights to Cali...oh how I wish I could spend my birthday weekend there -I'd bike every day and eat avocados!

Here's the truth of the matter. Coach Chris :) directed me to move from the elliptical to either running, swimming or cycling. This was fine for the first week or two because I was staying at a hotel and they had a decent gym which allowed me to get my full cardio workouts in using the treadmill and pool. Once I got home though I had a choice between my elliptical and my bike (or running too I guess...but I don't want my runners to get all slushy). I opted for my bike. It was one of those freezing cold days out and my chain fell off while still in my driveway. Unable to handle the freezing temperatures on my bare fingers, I gave in and didn't do my cardio that day...or the few following that.

Nearing the end of last week I figured doing a workout on my elliptical would be better than nothing so I started up on that again. I also added in some hot yoga and have been doing that two or three times a week (which I love and fully attribute to my lack of blogging - I'm wiped by the end of the day).

Peace :)

Hann

No comments:

Post a Comment