Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Bucket List...

From the time I was little I had five things I just knew I had to do at some point in life.  I didn't realize at the time, but it was the beginning of a Bucket List.  It was short and to the point and I had completed four of the five things by the end of high school.  I completed the last remaining thing when I traveled to Romania at 21.


  1. Be a camp counsellor
  2. Be a cheerleader
  3. Work with kids in Romania (my cousin was adopted from there and I had always wanted to see where she was from, and work with kids in a similar situation to what she had been born into)
  4. Model
  5. Act
As I grew, so did my list.  So, without further ado, here is my current bucket list  (:
    • Cycle across Canada for something I believe in (planned for July-Oct 2011)
    • Find a starfish in the Ocean (Completed in The Bahamas, April 2010)
    • Present about Israel-Palestine in 100 Cities

      1. Kitchener (Grandview Baptist Church, September 2009)
      2. Waterloo (University of Waterloo, March 2010)

    • Present about Israel-Palestine in each Province in 2011

      1. Vancouver, BC
      2. Calgary, Alberta
      3. Regina, Saskatchewan
      4. Winnipeg, Manitoba
      5. Ottawa, Ontario
      6. Montreal, Quebec
      7. Fredericton, New Brunswick
      8. Halifax, Nova Scotia
      9. Charlottetown, PEI
      10. St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador

    • Take a father-daughter trip to soak in some European architecture :)
    • Take a mother-daughter trip
    • Travel to:
      • Tokyo (to visit my brother and see his life over there)
      • Italy
      • Switzerland (my mum's favourite European country)
      • Newfoundland
      • California (Completed Dec 2009)
      • Romania (Completed Summer 2003)
      • London (Completed August 2003)
      • Austria
      • Papua New Guinea (to see my cousin and get a glimpse of her life)
      • BC (Completed when I was little, but revisited as an adult June 2009)
      • NYC (Completed for the first time on a grade 12 drama trip)
      • Texas
      • Boston
      • An African safari
      • Arizona
      • The Wave, Utah (and photograph it!)
      • Greece
      • The peak of Mount Sinai
      • Spain
      • Tanzania
      • Argentina
      • Chile
      • Nepal
      • Barcelona
      • The Galapagos Islands
    • Use nothing but a bike for transportation for an entire month (aside from across Canada tour)
    • Bike Australia
    • Become a published author
    • Participate in a worship service at Westminster Abbey in London (Completed August 2003)
    • Own a dog  (:
    • Photograph the International AIDS conference
    • Volunteer in Africa doing something related to the AIDS epidemic
    • See a Shakespearean play in the Globe Theatre in London (Completed August 2003)
    • Go an entire year without buying anything new (shoes, furniture, clothes, etc.)!
    • Publish a photography book
    • Go SCUBA diving or snorkeling in tropical waters
    • Launch Love Travels
    • Learn to speak/understand
      • Arabic
      • Hebrew
    • Publish a coffee table book showing the similarities between Israelis and Palestinians
    What's on YOUR bucket list??  I'd love to hear it  (:

No comments:

Post a Comment